Signing up with social is super quick. No extra passwords to remember – no brain fail. Don’t worry, we’d never share any of your data or post anything on your behalf.
A well-fitted bathroom can improve your home and even add value, but what do you need to know before you choose your bath taps?
- Check that the taps you buy incorporate ceramic discs as these ensure they will operate smoothly and won’t drip. Historically taps used rubber washers that deteriorated with use.
- Shop for a tap with a reduced rate of flow so that it uses less water with no loss of performance
- Thermostatic valves are also a must as these regulate temperature so that the hot water doesn’t fluctuate, such as when a tap is turned on elsewhere in the house.
- It’s worth looking into a digital tap, where the controls can be pre-programmed with your preferred combination of temperature, flow, rate and duration so that you can run the bath remotely from another room without fear of overflowing.
- Traditionally, taps are finished in polished chrome, but choose nickel if you prefer a slightly warmer tone or brass for a golden glow.
- Brushed metals that give a muted, matt finish look good in contemporary setting, matt chrome and matt nickel are both available or opt for slightly pricier, but super stylish, brushed steel.
- You need to decide the position of your taps. This could be on the side of the bath, on the wall, or – if you have a freestanding bath – you may need a floor-standing spout. From an installation point of view, floor-mounted taps are trickier to fit as pipework needs to run under the floor.
Water temperature and flow are controlled at the touch of a button with the digital Ondus tap from Grohe, £2146 for the floor-standing option. Grohe: 0871 200 3414 or www.grohe.co.uk
Kaldewei’s Comfort Select system is a three-in-one electronic fitting with digital operating panel to regulate water inlet and outflow, water temperature and shower and bathing functions. Comfort Select integrates virtually flush into the rim of the bath and is priced around £2525. Kaldewei: 0800 840 9770 or www.kaldewei.com
Rubellite, £325 from Bristan, is a wall-mounted bath filler with single-lever control for flow and temperature. Wall-mounted taps give a sleek, clutter-free finish to the bath and are easy to clean around. Bristan: 0844 701 6273 o
From Dornbracht come these stylish Deque surface-mounted taps. The range includes this cascade spout, hand-held shower, hot and cold valves and diverter. Thermostatic valves mean once you have selected the water temperature it does not fluctuate. £2189. Dornbracht 024 7671 7129 or www.dornbracht.com
Fantini’s Venezia collection of taps combine hand-blown murano glass handles with a silver spout. Gold, nickel and chrome finishes are also available. Price on application. Fantini 07887 832172 or www.fantini.it
For loads more inspiration and advice visit www.kbbmagazine.com