1. What information do we collect?
We collect certain personally identifying data about you when you register to use the Service, such as name and address, your email address, your property type and enquiry details. We may also ask you for other optional information about your work, financial circumstances, lifestyle and interests. If you choose to give us this information, we will use it to help us to tailor the Service to your needs and preferences.
Although we do not make it compulsory to give us every item of information we ask for, the more information you volunteer (and the more accurate it is), the better we can personalise the Service for you.
We also collect information from you if you choose to take part in any of our surveys, competitions or promotions. We use this information to better understand how people use this site and the Service and so that we can contact winners of competitions and plan other promotional campaigns.
The Site does not automatically capture or store personally identifying information relating to visitors to this Site other than to log the IP address of visitors (the unique address associated with your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server and basic session details generated by visitors to this Site. We do not associate this data with any personally identifying information from another source. We may from time to time supply the owners or operators of third party sites from which it is possible to link to our Site with information on the number of users linking to our Site from their sites. You cannot be identified by those sites from this information.
2. How is this information used?
This information is used to:
- Operate the Service and send you information you request on the Site
- Generate aggregate statistics about our Site visitors and users of the Service
- Collect broad demographic information for aggregate use
- Improve the content of our web pages
- Administer this Site
- Customise the Service we provide to you
- Notify you when your registration with the Service is due to expire
- Handle enquiries, orders or applications submitted to us by you
- Verify your identity (for example, in the event you participate in a promotion or are a competition winner)
- Conduct surveys and market research
- Send you our newsletter and contact you with information about products and services that may interest you, if you have agreed to us doing so. This may be by post, telephone or email. If at any time you do not wish to continue to receive these details than you can manage your communication preferences below.
- Allow, with your consent, carefully selected third parties to send you information directly which you may find useful regarding their products and services. We believe our users will be particularly interested in the products and services of our commercial partner, Your Online Property Agent (YOPA), and with your consent we will share your information to allow YOPA to contact you directly.
3. Our Partners
In addition to YOPA, our partners currently include Cover Price Advice, review.place, New Build Home Finder Ltd, newhomesforsale.co.uk, Redrow plc, Cosentino and TwentyCi.
4. Managing your communication preferences
You can tell us if you prefer not to receive communications regarding our products and services, or those of those of carefully selected third parties, by either following the unsubscribe instructions on any communications sent to you, or by clicking on the ‘update your preferences’ link within the footer of any of our emails you receive.
Cookies are pieces of information that include a unique reference code that a website transfers to your device to store and sometimes track information about you. A number of cookies we use will last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site and last for longer.
Necessary session management
- managing your login session so you can easily move from one page to another within the Site and your page requests are loaded in smooth and secure manner;
- collecting statistical information about how visitors use the Site so that we can better understand improve the Site;
- remembering that you have used the Site before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to different parts of the Site;
- storing your preferences and selections;
- customising elements of the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site for you;
- Gathering information about the pages through our advertising partners, on the website that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in a “market segment”. This information is collected by reference to the IP address that you are using and so does not identify you personally, but does include information about the country and city you are in, together with the name of your internet service provider. This information is then used to place advertisements on the website which it is believed will be relevant to your market segment. For more information about this type of interest based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please visit www.youronlinechoices.co.uk. Without these cookies, advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and to your interests.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site if you do so.
In addition to cookies we use the following similar technologies in respect of your use of the Site:
- Pixel Gifs/web beacons – these are small image files that may be placed by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Site or within the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand which parts of the Site are visited or whether particular content is of interest.
- Flash cookies – We do not serve Flash cookies but Adobe Flash Player may be used by third parties serving advertisements to the Site in cases where these advertisments are served with flash related content.It is not possible to block or restrict or block flash cookies using your browser setting, however information on how to do this is available from the Adobe website at: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security
6. With whom is your information shared?
We may analyse and disclose aggregate statistics about our Site visitors and users of our Service in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of PropertyPriceAdvice, the Site or its visitors.
This Site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites and recommend that you check the policy of such third party sites and contact the owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
7. Access to this site from outside the European Economic Area
If you use our Service while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide the Service to you.
If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us with please contact us as set out below. You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we store about you (for which we may charge a small fee).
If you wish us to stop sending you information about products and services that may interest you, or passing your data to our trusted partners so that they may do so, then you should contact us using the details below and let us know.
We place a great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have implemented technology and policies to safeguard your privacy from unauthorised access and improper use and will continue to update these measures as new technology becomes available.
10. Contacting Us
Property Pathways Limited