The bathroom basin is a real statement piece, and every visitor to your house will probably use it. It’s no surprise then that there is a basin to suit every size of bathroom and every taste. Here are some of the main types…
- Countertop basins are some of the most versatile around. They can sit on top of bathroom furniture, a shelf or vanity unit, and can be anything from a delicate glass vessel to a large rectangular trough.
- Freestanding basins make a real style statement in the bathroom and there is a wealth of sculptural pieces to choose from. Team with wall-mounted or floor-mounted taps for a stunning look.
- Wall-hung basins keep the floor clear and have less nooks and crannies where dirt can hide. This makes for easier cleaning and generally helps the room feel more spacious. Wall-hung sanitaryware usually has to be suspended from framework hidden in the wall, but there are other options.
- Basin stands give a very classic look but don’t always have to be confined to a traditional-look bathrooms. Team with bold décor and eclectic pieces for a statement cloakroom.
- Pedestal basins might not be as sleek as their wall-hung relatives but they’re practical and suit everything from modern to contemporary bathrooms.
These elegant black Goccia by Gessi countertop basins are teamed with Goccia by Gessi wall-mounted basin taps. Basins £1118 each and taps £624 each. They are available from CP Hart www.cphart.co.uk
For loads more inspiration and advice visit www.kbbmagazine.com